Now is the time of year in the San Juan’s when one could come across a 10lb King, a 40lb King, a Coho, a Pink, a Chum, or a skunk. There have been some big Chinook caught recently, from 30-40 plus lbs. They may not be in the cards for everyone, but it’s fun knowing the next bite could be that Donkey Fraser fish. I haven’t got anything over upper 20’s this year, but we’ll take the ‘teener’s all day long. Fun stuff!
- Sebie Scrivner with a nice fish on a nice day on the water. Shiny and Chrome!
- Vicki Klein with a King. I’d have to say that’s a good catch right there.
- Kevin Klein with a Labor Day fish for the BBQ. Oh, what a lovely day!
- Many Fraser River B.C. Kings cut white. A lot of Chinook coming through the San Juan’s right now are of Fraser stock.
- This is what you want to see on your sonar/fish finder. The salmon ball the bait up, and you can see the big fish arch underneath. That denotes something big below that bait ball. Get the gear down!
- I’ve been having good luck with the Gibb’s Tackle No Banana’s Spoon, and Moon Jelly flasher.